Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and this week’s theme is all about movies!
This week’s prompt was: Movie Freebie — top ten all time favorite movies, top ten foreign films, top ten rom-coms, top ten 90’s movies, top ten action flicks, top ten tear-jerkers, top ten movies your favorite actor/actress is in, top ten movies with PoC leads, etc. etc.)
I’ll be listing my top 10 favorite movies! They aren’t going to go in order because that would be way too hard for me to rank them!
1. The entire Harry Potter series. Okay, I know that this is technically more than one movie, but if I listed them all separately it would be almost my whole list! I grew up reading Harry Potter, so I saw all of the movies at midnight, and they are near and dear to my heart.
2. Fight Club. One of the few movies I might even say that I like better than the book! I love it! I’ve seen it so many times that I can quote almost all of it!
3. Mean Girls! Who doesn’t love Mean Girls?! It’s another one I can quote almost entirely. It’s so funny!
4. Cruel Intentions. Suck a messed up plot, but I absolutely adore Sarah Michelle Gellar! I love her! She seems like such a sweet woman, so seeing her play a bitchy character is a total change of pace.
5. Donnie Darko. Definitely an odd one, but also thought provoking! I used to watch it a ton in high school!
6. The Princess Bride – how can you not love it?! Inconceivable! A great book and a great movie!
7. Beauty and the Beast! As a kid, I was obsessed with the movie (I still am) and ever since the first time I saw it, I knew I wanted a library in my house! Is anyone else super excited for the new movie??
8. Alice in Wonderland! I can’t help loving Disney movies (plus it’s another one that’s based off of a great book!). They just bring back so many memories and make me so happy! I’ve actually thought about getting an Alice in Wonderland related tattoo at some point.
9. Bad Moms. It’s a newer one, but I could not stop laughing when I saw it!
10. Last but not least, Bride Wars. I love a good chick flick, and this one cracks me up!
What are some of yours? Do we have any favorite movies in common?