I know I say this every month, but how is it possible that it’s already June?! This year is flying by! In May I read 20 books, and below I’ll share everything I read and let you know which ones were my favorites! All of the book titles link back to Goodreads so you can look them up if you’re interested!
Below are all of the books I rated 5 stars!
- (#1) A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – I was impatiently waiting for this to finally release, and I was not disappointed! The first half of the book was certainly slower than its predecessors, but I loved it regardless, and was thrilled with the ending!
- (#2) The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond – this was a really interesting thriller about marriage that had a cult feel to it, and I loved it!
- (#3) Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kaufman – WELL what can I say about Gemina?! I know there were so many good reviews about Gemina, but I always get worried going into sequels that I’ll be disappointed, and I loved Illuminae so much that I was worried Gemina would be a letdown. I was not disappointed!
- (#4) Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde – this was one I’d heard a lot about, and it was so cute! I read it really quickly, and it definitely was a feel-good story.
I read a few more books from my backlist, and I’ve almost hit my original goal of reading 40 of my backlist books. Maybe I’ll double it and aim for 80!
- (#5) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – 2 stars – this one has been on my shelf since the middle of last year, and I finally got around to reading it. Unfortunately, I didn’t love it as much as it seems like everyone else did, but the color of the book is great for bookstagram pictures 😉
- (#6) The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell – 2 stars – mostly this one was just boring
- (#7) The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry – 2 stars
- (#8) Afterburn & Aftershock by Sylvia Day – 1 star – blah. This was terrible. It had been on my shelf since 2014 after seeing it around a lot and reading about it in a magazine. I hated it!
- (#9) A Total Waste of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder – 4 stars – this was a really light chick lit book that was just a fun read. I wanted something light, and this did the trick!
Here are the books I read through Netgalley/Edelweiss/publisher or author request. The Marriage Pact, listed in my “Favorite Reads” section was also a Netgalley title.
- (#10) The Breakdown by B.A. Paris – 4 stars – I loved this one! I’m a huge fan of B.A. Paris and will pretty much read anything she writes!
- (#11) Textrovert by Lindsey Summers – 2 stars – the premise sounded good, but this still felt like a really early draft instead of a final version
- (#12) Watching the Bodies by Graham Smith – 4 stars
- (#13) It’s Always the Husband by Michele Campbell – 3 stars – this one was a little weird because the first half of the book was totally different than the second half. The first half would have been 2 stars, but the second half was 4 stars!
- (#14) 34 Days by Anita Waller – 1 star
- (#15) A Pleasure and a Calling by Phil Hogan – 2 stars
- (#16) The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn – 4 stars
- (#17) This is War by Kennedy Fox – 3 stars
- (#18) This is Love by Kennedy Fox – 2 stars
- (#19) The Devil’s Work by Mark Edwards – 4 stars
- (#20) Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson – 4 stars
**How did you do on your May reading goals? Have you read any of the books I read last month? Let me know down in the comments!**