I know I’m a few days late with this post, but I woke up with a cold a few days ago and hadn’t quite had the energy to blog! Now that I’m feeling better, I want to wrap up how the month of June went for me.
June felt like an off month if I’m being completely honest. I had two vacations, both which were jam-packed with activities and left little time for reading, so while I did get through 17 books, two of them were short, and I felt like I could have done more. That said, read below to see the books I finished in June and which were my favorites! All of the titles link to Goodreads, so be sure to check them out!
Sadly, I only rated one book 5 stars this month!
- (#1) Final Girls by Riley Sager – this was one of my top 5 most anticipated releases of 2017, and I was so glad it didn’t disappoint! Final Girls is a thriller about three girls who survived separate massacres and were the only one left standing…that is, until one of them dies…
I’ve already surpassed my original goal of reading 40 books from my backlist, and am currently at 46 backlist books! In June I focused a lot on my backlist and less so on my ARCs and review requests!
- (#2) The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – this had been on my shelf for about a year, but with all the talk it got this year before the TV show, I decided to pick it up. 4 stars.
- (#3) Portraits of the Dead by John Nicholl – 3 stars
- (#4) All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda – 4 stars
- (#5) That Night by Chevy Stevens – 4 stars
- (#6) The Magpies by Mark Edwards – 4 stars
- (#7) Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards – 4 stars
- (#8) The Secret History by Donna Tartt – 3 stars (was I the only one who didn’t totally love this one??)
- (#9) The Killing Lessons by Saul Black – 4 stars
- (#10) Cover Your Eyes by Mary Burton – 3 stars
Aside from Final Girls, which I received from Edelweiss and was listed as my favorite June read, here are the other books I read through Netgalley/Edelweiss/publisher or author request.
- (#11) Be My Killer by Richard J. Parker – 4 stars
- (#12) The Killer Inside by Kerry Wilkinson – 4 stars
- (#13) Big Mushy Lump (Sarah’s Scribbles #2) by Sarah Anderson – 3.5 stars
- (#14) My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni – 3 stars
- (#15) Exquisite by Sarah Stovell – 4 stars
- (#16) Selected Poems of Rumi – I actually opted not to rate this one. I really like Rumi, but this collection was not my favorite because the poems selected for this collection were very focused on religion, which is not my thing. I prefer Rumi’s works on love and friendship.
- (#17) Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros – 3 stars
**How did you do on your June reading goals? Have you read any of the books I read last month? Let me know down in the comments!**